Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hi There

April Fool's Day seems as good a day as any to create a blog.

Yes, I'm aware that I never fill out my Livejournal anymore, and I keep forgetting to update my Facebook. That's alright... I think deep down, I've wanted just a plain old blog more than anything. Something to babble on, that nobody needs a membership to read, that somebody in this universe might actually read. I know the blog craze seems to ebb and flow like the tide; whatever.

Anyway, I'm Victoria, I'm 24, and I'm a married mom in New Hampshire. And, by the title of this blog, you can guess that I'm... dare I say it, a nerd. I'm a nerd, married to a nerd, and we're growing a little nerdling. My handle on Livejournal and Ravelry is "mamanerd", but I'm willing to bet that's taken, so I took this title instead, today in the car when I decided I was going to write a blog in the first place. Yes, I'm random. Why do you ask?

I started a lot of other things today, too... I cast on a Doctor Who scarf about 45 minutes ago, out of the blue. I've been knitting 17 years now, it's about time. I also started the "couch to 5k" program that I've been meaning to check out, and today at the gym I did the first piece of running that I've done in ooh, two years or so. I've started writing again (if anyone who knows me finds this, yesitsthatstory. Still.) Oh, and let's not forget the giant lace shawl, and all the seedlings all over the kitchen table. (Did I mention that I live in a second-floor apartment, and that my intended "garden" is a concrete slab?) Ah, all the fun of living on a near-constant bipolar high.

The thing is, I actually intend to keep plugging away at these silly, other-nerdly pursuits. (Ooo, title drop. Snazzy.) Maybe, with the entire Internet as a witness, I'll even keep on track with them.... because I've got a list of even more crazy stuff. It beckons. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Aha - the return of "that story"? I must read it when you have something to share! I guess I am your second follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *giggles*
    "nerdling"? I like that.
    I wish I could knit. Such a talent!

    ReplyDelete