Friday, April 16, 2010

I Don't Know What to Title This

Everyone who gets hired at the certain bullseye-decorated retail establishment I work for goes through orientation; this is normal of most jobs. During the orientation, the subject of "walkie ettiquette" is brought up, and can essentially be summed up as this:

1. No swearing.

2. No babbling about your pet gerbil or whatever.

3. Keep sensitive or security-related topics to the phone lines, or personal chatter.

... And then there was one of my previous employers, the United States Army; we all used to say that if there was a rule against something, it was because someone had already done it.

So under this logic, do certain retail establishments need to impose rules about discussing fictional alien sex on the walkie?

(In case anyone high on said establishment's food chain is reading this, this took place after business hours. You can breathe again now.)

(Alas, this is a "noodle incident" from my husband, I wasn't working at the time. I'm trying to talk him into getting his own blog; see why he needs one now?)

On another note: Car batteries. Are trying. To SCREW with my MIND. That is all.

(P.S. Yes I am aware that I meant to write "elude" instead of "allude" in my previous post. You know who you are.)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for making me smile tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome :) Thanks for following me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fictional alien sex? Wow, you *do* have some nerdy people there at Target! Was Gary one of the participants in that conversation? I can't imagine him doing that, but you know that side of him better than me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete