Thursday, April 15, 2010

Karma, Fear, and Optimism

Okay, I must have done something fabulous recently that is alluding my memory, since people keep giving me free yarn. Seriously. First, the wonderful teachers at Nicholas' school sent him home with this:
See that? That's a whole bag of yarn. I swoon every time I see it.

Then, at knit night at Ewe'll Love It, I manage to win the boobie prize in a scavenger hunt. (it's always funny to think that you can indeed win something through sheer incompetence. Yay!) I am now the proud owner of this guy:



Again, very lucky.


Mind you, all the free yarn in the world might not do me any good if I am going insane, which is a distinct possibility. If you don't believe me, observe this monstrosity.


"Gah, my eyes!" you are screaming. "What the hell is that monstrosity? (Hey, look, there's plushie Cthulhu too.)" I will scoff at you and go, "Well, doesn't everyone have an argyle washcloth?" and you will go "No, because they are sane, you fool woman. Who would knit that... thing when they could be knitting this..."


And I will weep quietly, because you are right. I don't know what came over me. At least I no longer fear intarsia- just some of its results.
The pedantic among you will be wondering "Okay, you've covered the karma and the fear. So where's the optimism, eh?
There it is. Oooh, yeah, baby... six months to go.




1 comment:

  1. I thought I had subscribed to your blog so I received a note when you updated, but I guess I did something wrong. So glad you posted a reminder at your Facebook page!

    Maybe you made the argyle washcloth because it was kinda easy and not as delicate - a break from your beautiful lacy creations? (It is gorgeous by the way!). It doesn't hurt my eyes - that's probably because Eric used to have lots and lots of argyle socks. (hey, that rhymes).

    What is Rhinebeck? Is that the "convention" (is that the right word?) Gary was saying you want to go to very badly? Where is it again?

    ReplyDelete